We are calling on year 7 to 9 students from Gladstone and the Western Downs with big ideas to solve some of today’s greatest challenges.
Can you make your community more energy efficient?
What will students need to do?
- Students will identify an issue related to energy usage within their community, and develop a solution using their STEM knowledge and skills.
- Students then submit their solution using written documents, PowerPoint, videos, diagrams, or physical models.
- The challenge is open to students in Years 7 to 9, working in groups of up to 3 students.
What will they get out of it?
- The Designing the Future Challenge is aligned to the Design Technologies strand of the Australian Curriculum, and will foster critical thinking and innovation in students.
- All participating teachers and students will receive a certificate and a STEM gift pack.
- A selection of entries will be showcased through Queensland Museum channels and through local partners – as well as through your own school community.
- The overall winning group for each region will receive a personalized trophy presented at your school assembly.
How can I register my class?
- Register your interest by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Once registered, we will send you an online Teacher Guide with support materials to assist you to guide students through the challenge. This includes templates and warm-up design thinking activities for your classroom.
- Once your students have completed their submission, complete the below form and upload the submission. If you have any troubles submitting, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entries close on Friday 13 November 2020.